Living in a county rich in Arkansas history, we are a group of Randolph County residents dedicated to saving our area’s historic architecture and traditions.
Note the “tightrope walker”, high over the street in the image above. Those were the days!
Noteworthy Randolph County “Firsts” in the State of Arkansas
- First Grist Mill – Demun Mill on Mill Creek, before 1800.
- First Ferry – Hix Ferry on Current River, 1802.
- Arkansas’ first planned town – Davidsonville, 1815
- First Court – held at the home of Solomon Hewitt, west of Davidsonville, 1815.
- First U. S. Post Office – Davidsonville, 1817.
- First School – Ravenden Springs-1817.
- First Methodist Circuit Rider – Eli Lindsey, 1817.
- First Baptist Church – Columbia–1818.
- First Courthouse – Davidsonville, 1820.
- First U. S, Land Office – Davidsonville, 1820.
- First Masonic Lodge – Brakebill, 1828.
- First Circus Performance – Pitman, 1838.